Sometimes the most simple ingredients make the most incredible meals. This is one of those meals. It actually became my go to meal whilst living in France! And best of all, it is so fresh, you can enjoy it in summer and the melted goat's cheese factor makes it great for winter too...
Simply put, warm goat's cheese salad:
- Crottin or cabecou
- Herbes de Provence or Italian herbs
- Salad dressing (we prefer to make our own with a little oil, mustard, honey, salt & pepper and red wine vinegar)
- prosciutto (optional)
- tomato (optional)
1) Pre-heat grill
2) Cut baguette into 1 inch slices. Slice crottin into 2 or 3 slices.
3) Put bread slices on baking try and put sliced goat's cheese on top of bread. Drizzle and little olive oil on top with herbs. Head in oven for a few minutes or until cheese is melting and becoming golden.
4) Meanwhile, wash and dry salad thoroughly.
5) Serve salad with walnuts, tomato and prosciutto and drizzle with salad dressing. Add the warm goat's cheese bread and drizzle honey over the top of the salad and pieces of bread.
6) Serve salad right away, so goat's cheese is warm and gooey!